Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Turkey day


Well its almost Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays after the 4th of July and Cinco de Mayo. What's not to like, you eat a lot and watch football. It is also the one time of the year that I spend a lot time with my family, which is good. I don't see them enough.

However, I am one of those suckers that will be traveling tonight. I have a flight to Newark tonight. At one point in time I have flown into all the New York metro airports on the eve of Thanksgiving. Its just a shit show. Just way too many planes landing and taking off. Last year I sat on the tarmac for an hour and half staring at my arrival gate. There was just so many airplanes on the runway we couldn't taxi. You have no idea how frustrating it is to stare at your gate form a 100 yards away, and there is nothing you can do. Plus trying to explain this to my dad, who can't comprehend why the plane can't just pull right up.

But before I can leave I need to finish a shit load of work. Technically my work calendar year ends on December 2nd. Which makes no sense, because it began somewhere in the middle of January. So there is about a month and half from December to January where time doesn't exist. I'm bringing this up in the next meeting, because I hate illogical things.

No comments: