Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Women sues Cap'n Crunch

Judge kills suit claiming 'crunchberrries' aren't real fruit

USA Today---This tale of an attempted cereal killing comes to you courtesy of the legal blog Lowering the Bar.

A federal judge in California has dismissed a complaint filed by a San Diego woman who had bought "Cap'n Crunch with Crunchberries" for four years believing the cereal contained real berries.

Janine Sugawara cried fraud when she learned the "berries" were only colored cereal balls flavored with strawberry concentrate. She sued the manufacturer on behalf of all crunchberry-eating Americans.

Judge Morrison England Jr. drowned the claim with the milk of common sense:

"This Court is not aware of, nor has Plaintiff alleged the existence of, any actual fruit referred to as a "crunchberry."


Well I didn't see this coming. I am not a cereal eater, but when I do. I usually go with the Cap'n. Nah, not this one. Ruins my morning.
More like this happy guy.
I am actually a huge fan of the Christmas Crunch.
I love my crunchberries as much as the next guy, but it looks like this women loves them more than me. I am not sure why it took her four years to read the side of the box that has the ingredients. Probably because she is fat, or too busy doing the games on the back of the box.
I actually feel bad for this lady. Because once I was tricked in a Nigerian internet scam that my colored cereal balls were actually fruit as well. So I know how this women feels. And what is this world coming to? If crunchberries aren't real, what's next? Tomorrow I probably read how snozberries aren't real.

No comments: