Tuesday, June 10, 2008

10 real life excuses for being late at work


Found this on CNN. Being a manager myself I deal with a lot of silly excuses on why people are late or just don't show up. I find this list to be quite humorous.

1. While rowing across the river to work, I got lost in the fog.

2. Someone stole all my daffodils.

3. I had to go audition for American Idol.

4. My ex-husband stole my car so I couldn't drive to work.

5. My route to work was shut down by a Presidential motorcade.

6. I have transient amnesia and couldn't remember my job.

7. I was indicted for securities fraud this morning.

8. The line was too long at Starbucks.

9. I was trying to get my gun back from the police.

10. I didn't have money for gas because all of the pawn shops were closed.


Number 5 Presidential motorcade has actually happened to me. Didn't make me late for work, but I have been stuck because of them. Actually a few times, when John Kerry was running for President. He lives right down the road.

Number 1, getting lost in the fog. That should just be a reason to get a new job.

No comments: