Friday, April 18, 2008

Four college teens try to catch a gator with a giant leaf





DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35 ORLANDO) - Five Florida college students were arrested Thursday after police say they tried to kidnap an alligator

Daytona Beach Shores Police Officer Mike Schoenbrod says he was patrolling the Congo River miniature golf course early Thursday morning, when he noticed the teenagers had climbed into the alligator pool. Schoenbrod says the men were trying to lure a gator out of the pool with palm frond and duct tape.

Now I really wanted to bash these kids because everybody knows that gators aren't vegatarians, and trying to seduce it with a leaf just isn't going to work. But than I got to thinking, did I try almost the same thing?

My buddy in college, Jorge, had a pet gator or caiman in his frat. One night after about 12 beers and a lot of 'mysteries punch', I thought it was a good idea to try and pick it up. Of course it bit me. From then on out I decided I would not try to handle anything with bigger teeth than me after I been drinking mysteries punch.

I also had an experience on a high school field trip when me and my buddies thought it was a good idea to drink a bottle of Robitussin DM, before we went to some zoo/museum. I ended up being wacked out, and hopped the fence of some animal enclosure, before my friends went in and got me. I don't think I have touched cough syrup since.

As you can see I understand what these kids were thinking. They were high on drugs and thought it would be cool to have a gator. Totally respectable in my book.

No comments: