Wednesday, April 30, 2008

HEY! How much is gas?


Really I have no idea. Years ago I was smart enough to continuously park my car in the same spot it where it kept getting stolen. Finally after the third theft I never got it back. Instead of buying a new one, I decided to take the cash and pay off my student loans. This decision saved me thousand of dollars in the long run.

What most Americans don't realize is that we really don't need oil at all. Its out of date, there are so many other options for fuel it is ridiculous. However, you will never hear about them because Big Oil controls the government, and the government controls the media.

The electric car is a great example of how politicians and Big Oil destroyed an alternative fuel source for cars. In the 90's GM came out with a line of strictly electric cars, no hybrids. Oil companies were afraid they would lose trillions of dollars if these cars hit the market. What happened? GM decided they would destroy every electric car that they made. Their claim was that there was no market for them. Even though there were 24 hour protest outside of where the electric cars were being stored. The protester were ready to buy every single car on the lot, but of course GM claims that there was no market.

Even today with gas over $100 a barrel, still no talk of the electric car. How come? Because oil companies own the rights to the designs.

But my wildcard in alternative fuel is Helium 3. Helium 3 acts like nuclear energy but it is not radioactive. Small amounts can power the United States for many years. Sounds good right, but where can you get some? The moon. The moon is covered in the stuff. With such a potential fuel source isn't it odd we haven't been to the moon in like 40 years? Or even send a rover there? I am almost positive that it is being mined up there, but I am not sure if it is by us. Someone or something has kept us off the moon for a long time, and I don't see us going back anytime soon. China has plans for 2017 to go to the moon, but I doubt they will make it.

No comments: