Thursday, April 24, 2008

Where do all my socks go?


So last night I am watching a documentary on the use of Manchurian candidates by the CIA for assignations. As I watching this program doing laundry, the show mentions that when the use of a Manchurian candidate to kill Robert Kennedy is "one of the greatest conspiracy theories". Well I don't disagree too much about that, I sudden realize my great conspiracy. Where do my socks go when I wash them?

Every time I wash my socks I lose one, not both pairs of socks, just one. It is starting to be a epidemic. When I am done wearing my socks I throw them directly into my hamper. Unless I have been out, then they fall usually on my floor with the rest of my clothes.

Sometimes I will lose a sock, then in a few wash cycles it will return. Maybe they go on vacation. Or maybe there is some dimensional door in my dryer. Whatever happens to them its really starting to piss me off. I have a large bucket, of just single socks now. I keep hoping that I will find the matches to them, sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

I wish I could be more like my roommate Craig. All he does with his socks is just match colors. So it could be two different lengths, patterns, fabric, as long as the color is the same he will wear them together. I just can't do that.

No comments: