Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Real Life Empire Strikes Back. Vader spared jail time.


A man who dressed up as Darth Vader, wearing a black garbage bag for a cape, and assaulted the founders of Britain's first Jedi church has been given a suspended sentence.

Arwel Wynne Hughes, 27, attacked Jedi church founder Barney Jones - a.k.a. Master Jonba Hehol - with a metal crutch, hitting him on the head, prosecutors told Holyhead Magistrates Court in Wales. He also whacked Jones's 18-year-old cousin, Michael Jones - or Master Mormi Hehol - bruising his thigh, in the March 25 incident.

Unfortunately for Hughes, the incident was recorded on a video camera that the cousins had set up to film themselves in a light saber battle.


I am the first one to admit it, but I am a Stars War geek. I can watch all 6 movies at anytime. There are some l like better than others, but they all are great.

But I think I draw the line in joining the Jedi religion. Even though I should since the Force is strong in me. I can't believe that there is 390,000 people in the UK that claimed Jedism as there religion. Besides filming themselves in light saber battles I wonder what else they do?

I guess every once in a while they do have to battle evil Sith Lords, like this guy in the article. I can't believe that the Jedi church actually pressed charges on this guy that attacked them. Isn't this what they dream about? Anyways, I'm still searching for this video of this incident.

No comments: