Friday, July 18, 2008

Just like Office Space


So today was suppose to be the day. The day I quit. Thought about it last night over a 6 pack, that accidental turned into a 12 pack. One of my many bosses came down from from the home office for a meeting. From the meeting agenda, the silly stuff that has been going on around here, and also from the email that I got yesterday stating that "I need to free up a few hours", I didn't think this was going to go over so well.

So I wrote my resignation and brought to the meeting. Instead I sort-of got promoted. I am getting a couple extra peeps, and my company is going send people to me to train.

In a way, I am a little sad I didn't quit. I was trying to figure out how I would do it. One summer job that I had at a golf course I witnesses the funniest firing/quitting incident ever. This is how it went down.

Boss: Your fired
Employee: For what?
Boss: Insubordination
Employee: Insubordination my dick (grab crotch and walks off)

I am not sure if "insubordination my dick" actually means anything but it was funny as hell. Specially since happened on the first tee of a exclusive golf course with everyone watching.

I think if I did have to quit today I would have done it this way.

Slowly pan the room with my middle finger blazing, and tell everyone "Fuck you for thinking that I am a faggot, I know what left to be correct means!"

Inside joke.

No comments: