Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Glowing Blue Craters on the Moon


Of all the sciences physics is by far my least knowledgeable. And I am going to try and go into astrophysics which could end up in a disaster. So bear with me here, but I think I have most of the facts straight.

The moon is has been filled with conspiracies and debate for a long time. Some believe that we actually stage the whole moon landing. Which is not true, we were there. Maybe not all the times we said we were there, and some other times that no one knows about. But I will save that topic for another day. What I want to bring up now are craters on the moon surface that emit blue light.

I'll get the disclaimer out right away, most of these pictures are from The Living Moon, courtesy of John Lear.

This first picture was taken by Mike Astroimagery using a 10" telescope of the Aristarchus Crater. From the picture you can tell its not like the other surrounding craters. The light is emitting from a convex structure, while surrounding craters look like your normal concave craters.

This image taken by the Clementine Spacecraft in 1994.

Another Clementine picture but taken in 1995.
And the above picture are just more images of glowing blue craters on the moon surfaces.

What are they? Some believe that they are some sort-of energy source, possibly a fusion reactor.

I might have to speculate and think that they are some a kind cold fusion reactors. Below is a small scale version of what a cold fusion reaction can look like. Somewhat of a glowing blue light is produced.


The by product of cold fusion is Helium 3 or Helium 4. As I have mentioned in the past, the moon is a incredible source of Helium 3. Having multiple reactors on the moon that are producing Helium 3 and Helium 4 as their waste product could explain why there is so much of it there.

Who do I think built the reactors? Well I don't want to speculate anymore than I already am.

I think this is a interesting topic, if you would like to learn more check out John's site.




No comments: