Monday, September 8, 2008

Black Sunday



So it looks like Brady is done for the year. I'm not holding my breath and waiting for the MRI results later today, I'll be more than happy to have egg on my face. So now the next question, what now?

We have seen this before.

But I don't think there is another Tom Brady walking through that door. What about Matt Cassel? He is not the answer. He peppers the hands of opponents defenders too many times a game to be reliable. Maybe it is Chris Simms? Talk of bringing him in was rumored all during the pre-season, and now it may become a reality.

But even if Simms signs today, it will be a few weeks before he is ready to play. I think its time to banish the 5 wides, and play a little smash mouth football. Laurence Maroney and Sammy Morris are going to be much more of a focus. We have three pro bowlers offensive lineman, I think its time we run behind them. If anything we relied too much on the passing attack last year. Once the weather went to shit, we couldn't throw they ball. Even Brady couldn't throw in 35 mph winds.

Yesterday I thought the season was over. Well at least for my fantasy team it is, since Brady was my first round pick. But I think there is still enough talent on this team to win. If anything they are going to start winning dirty. Like how they use to win games. During the Superbowl years, they weren't blowing teams out. They won by 4,5,6 points. That is how they are going to need to do it again.

But one concern I have more than who is taking the snaps is their safety play. Its embarrassing. Disgusting is being nice to describe it. Rodney Harrison looks really old, and can't jump anymore. How many balls are he going to be out jumped for? He might as well just tackle the receiver and take the penalty. James Sanders looks like he is wearing lawn spikes out there. Why is this guy still starting?

The Jets next week is going to be tougher than I thought it was going to be. But I haven't lost faith yet, we still have the best coach in football.

No comments: