Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Fantasy baseball is stressing me out!

I live a simple life. I wake up, go to work, go to the gym, cook dinner, watch tv, fall asleep, and make fun of people in my blog along the way.

But my rotisserie baseball league is way too tight. I'm afraid to check the standing each morning, because if my team had a bad day I don't want to know how many points I lost.

Its a 15 team league and there are 4 teams all separate by a few points. Each day it seems like a different one of these 4 teams are in first place. There is a huge difference money wise from first to fourth place.

Baseball is a long season. For roto geeks like myself its starts back in March. After a very 'stressful' draft day. I felt that I had a strong team on paper. This is because my last year's team sucked and at the mid way point I built for this year with solid keepers. Who thought Cliff Lee was going to be 21-2, me! Well there was a little luck in that one.

Once the season started my team came out taking no prisoners. I was a fantasy wizard. I had a huge lead for the first two months of the year, and most people in the league thought the season was over.

My team slowly started to fall apart. With Manny Rameriz quitting on the Red Sox leading the charge. I fell all the way back to fourth place. Made some small deals along the way, got some key pickups and tried to set the my roster to have guys that are hot in there.

So now its down to the last few weeks of baseball. I can't even enjoy baseball anymore. Besides watching the Red Sox, (BTW I will be at the game tonight) I can't watch any other games. It just hurts (like Oliver Perez getting lite up last night). The trading deadline has passed and there is only one more time where I can pick up any available players, so there is not much to do in roto geeking. All there are is games to be played. I can't wait for it all to be over. I can't even turn to fantasy football, because Brady was my QB and that season is ruined.

No comments: