Monday, August 25, 2008

Olympic recap

So yesterday I think I had a little too much to drink, because for some reason, I ate a buffalo chicken calzone right before I went to bed. Which lead to a sleepless night. It felt like I had that thing from Alien in me.
Laying there in pain, it donned on me that the Olympics were over. And overall it was a pretty good Olympics. There was some good and there was some bad.

The Good
  • Six countries won their first medals: Afghanistan, Bahrain, Mauritius, Sudan, Tajikistan, and Togo.
  • Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps made the Olympics special.
  • There were plenty of hot chicks.
  • Cool Olympic Stadiums.
  • Some huge upsets.
  • I got a chance to watch a lot of badminton.
  • And how can you forget about the Lego Olympics.

The Bad
  • There was the China women's gymnastic team controversy.
  • Fake fireworks and singing during the opening ceremony. I can't blame them that much, the 9 year old was a little fugly.
  • Liu Xiang's never got to race.
  • Swedish wrestler throws medal on the ground.
  • Cuban Taekwondo participant kicks referee in the head.
  • I don't think anyone will forget what happen to this guy.The horrible stabbing death.
  • And the lack on any protest. China rejected every protest application filed. They even arrested 2 women in there 70's for filing a protest application. And sentence both of them to one year of hard labor, so they can "re-educated themselves".

No comments: