Laying there in pain, it donned on me that the Olympics were over. And overall it was a pretty good Olympics. There was some good and there was some bad.
- Six countries won their first medals: Afghanistan, Bahrain, Mauritius, Sudan, Tajikistan, and Togo.
- Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps made the Olympics special.
- There were plenty of hot chicks.
- Cool Olympic Stadiums.
- Some huge upsets.
- I got a chance to watch a lot of badminton.
- And how can you forget about the Lego Olympics.
- There was the China women's gymnastic team controversy.
- Fake fireworks and singing during the opening ceremony. I can't blame them that much, the 9 year old was a little fugly.
- Liu Xiang's never got to race.
- Swedish wrestler throws medal on the ground.
- Cuban Taekwondo participant kicks referee in the head.
- I don't think anyone will forget what happen to this guy.The horrible stabbing death.
- And the lack on any protest. China rejected every protest application filed. They even arrested 2 women in there 70's for filing a protest application. And sentence both of them to one year of hard labor, so they can "re-educated themselves".