Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What's wrong with this picture?


Boston.com--As a Umass Amherst Alumni, I find this advertisement very disturbing. I was there, I walked the grounds, drank the water, and ate at the Newman Center. There is no way that 3 out of 4 students say no to alcohol. No way. Or maybe everyone they asked lived in Orchard Hill. Now-a-days when I have friends who used to visit me there and bring up old Umass stories, I just don't remember them. Things that I should remember. Like that time I got into a Molotov cocktail fight or that time I almost died. I have no recollection that this stuff ever happened. But I am sure I it did.

So maybe 3 out of 4 students did turn down drinks. But they probable don't remember doing it. Because they were probably already drunk or had a 9:05 discussion the next day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had a girlfriend there that did not drink and she was not fun!

Anonymous said...

I know 2 people who currently go to UMASS and do not drink.

Anonymous said...

normal kids that get wasted and dose their friends with acid do NOT fill out surveys about drinking. FACT